The R195 Octopus is a new design based on the heritage of the classic R190 second stage, re-engineered with modern features and materials. The R195 combines a classic downstream valve with a large diaphragm and classic purge button. It’s simple and robust construction with a Techno-Polimer Valve Housing offers the utmost in reliability and makes the R195 the ideal second stage for new divers and a perfect choice for deco tanks thanks to its reversible hose attachment. Classic downstream valves are particularly noted for their legendary safety and reliability. When in use, the downstream valve opens in the same direction as the incoming airflow. To close the valve and stop the airflow, a spring counteracts the force of the incoming air. Therefore, a certain inhalation effort is always required to overcome the spring tension and open the valve.
The classic downstream valve is featured in the SCUBAPRO R-Series; here “R” is synonymous with robust and reliable. The R195 Second Stage has SCUBAPRO’s VIVA-patented system. The VIVA uses the power of a vacuum assist to reduce work of breathing and increase breathing comfort. It is diver-adjustable on all current SCUBAPRO second stages. The R195 Octopus Regulator weighs 7.0 oz (198 g) and comes with a 3/8″ Threaded 39″ (100 cm) High-Visibility Yellow Low Pressure Hose and a High Visibility Yellow Cover for easy identification and sharing. The Regulator is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Classic Downstream Demand Valve
- Large Diaphragm and Classic Purge Button
- Techno-Polimer Valve Housing
- Robust Construction
- Diver-Adjustable Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA)
- Super Comfort High Flow Mouthpiece
- Reversible Hose Attachment, Perfect Choice for Deco Tanks
- Legendary Safety and Reliability
- Super-Flow Hose
- Hose Threads: 3/8″
- Hose Length: 39″ (100 cm) Yellow for Easy Identification and Sharing
- High Visibility Yellow Cover
- Weight: 7.0 oz (198 g)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty